Monday, July 24, 2006

Back from Greenwich, it's 1:30am....

Hullo out there.

It's now 01:45am, I've not long got back from Greenwich from the Stella Artois Film Festival and had forgotten that I'd left my laptop on, busy downloading some stuff (it's nowhere near finished, and at this rate it's still gonna take another 2 days to download! - I know, geek), so I thought I'd do a quick update to the blog before I go to bed and fall asleep listening to one of my favourite DAB stations "Planet Rock" http://www.planetrock.com/.

Bring it on! Waking up to Alice Cooper in the mornings - what more could a girl want?

Anyway, I digress..... this isn't meant to be a long blog - need to sleep at some point before the delights of work tomorrow, or is that work in 9hrs time?..

So, what can I tell you about the festival? Well, it didn't start off to well as when we got there, we find out we couldn't bring any booze into the sectioned off bit of the park - Grrrrr, so we had an 'beginners' picnic in the park polishing off our Bucksfizz and two bottles of Red Wine with some munchies to hand. But once that was done, we headed into the main part.

80's extravaganza man! Fantastic music - I felt like I was transported back to my childhood back in the Greenfield Community Centre after schoo,l playing uni hoc and running around on my roller boots to Madonna.

Plus we were also treated to the National Symphony Orchestra playing film scores from movies from that decade - everyone was jumping up to 'Ghost Busters'! Then we had the pleasure of 'guilty pleasures' , http://www.guiltypleasures.co.uk - one of the most funny wee act's I've seen in a long while.
Basically it was three scantly clad blokes (who should have covered up a wee bit more!) - doing some fantastic dance routines to 80's music. Absoultly brilliant. Teresa and I went down to the front stage and danced along, plus they also let out these huuuuuuuuge balloons which were ping ponging throught the crowd, with everyone scrambling to punch the balloons!

Afterwards Teresa and I headed back up to our patch of grass to sit down and watch 'Ferris Bueller's Day off' on the big screen. http://www.slightly-bonkers.net/dayoff/ What a classic 80's movie! Sitting in the park, wine, picnic, half naked men and movie. What a perfect Sunday.

Now for the hard part. The movie finished around the back of 11pm. By the time we got down to the DLR stop it was absoultely hoaching. Now bear with me here - you would think that, hello, wait a minute, a couple of thousand people all leaving the park at the same time - perhaps, maybe, perhaps that TfL & the organisers would have had the foresight to perhaps lay on extra transport, or run the tubes a little bit later?

Nooooooo. Stupid girl. What was I thinking? Let's make over 2000 people find new and exciting way's home from Greenwich at 11:30pm on a Sunday night.

All the DLR's were going to Poplar. Does anybody even live there? Nothing was going to Bank as the last Westbound/North bound tubes had all left Canary Wharf by the time we got there. Luckily, living in Stokey with no tube, there is an excellent bus network. So off we jumped off at Canary Wharf, popped onto the 277 bus up to Essex Road, then onto the 73 for 5 more stops to get home.

And that is where I leave you ladies and gentlemen. Home, Bed, Sleep!

Till next time amigos

-S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewwww, i look hideous in that picture.... ta!!!!!! felicity x

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Greenfield Community Centre... i don't think that exists anymore!, nice to know your keeping out of trouble ;o)